This guide is for purchasing items on HopUp 2.0 or greater (released in January 2020). Items referenced below have a "Buy now" option when viewing it. Purchasing a pre-2.0 item does not offer buyer protection and is managed by you and the seller.
Purchases you make on "Buy now" items are private and you do not have to exchange any account information with a seller.
To purchase an item:
1. Know what you're buying. Ask the seller questions about the item and request additional pictures if necessary. It is your responsibility as the buyer to understand what you're buying.
2. Press "Buy now" or "Make offer" when viewing an item. Read more about making offers.
3. If you make an offer and the buyer accepts, you can continue to checkout from the offer directly or as you normally would with "Buy now". Offers expire if you do not purchase the item within 24 hours of the seller accepting.
4. At checkout, enter your payment and shipping information. Sales tax is determined by the shipping address.
5. You will be notified with tracking information once the seller ships.
6. You have 3 days (72 hours) to write a review for the buyer OR report a problem upon receiving the item. You can do either of these things when viewing the transaction in your profile. If you miss the 3 day window, the transaction is automatically completed and the sale is final. Read more about automatic ratings here.
Note: All sales are final once you (buyer) write a review.
Contact us if you have any further questions about the buying process.
Side note: Refreshing the shipping carrier's tracking page every 5 seconds doesn't change how fast you'll receive your item ;) We know the feeling.