When an item is purchased through HopUp, the buyer and seller are eligible for protection. This protection is only available for direct purchase items introduced in HopUp 2.0.
What is covered
- An item is received not as described or has undisclosed damaged not occurring during shipping.
- An incorrect item is received
- An Item is not received
What is not covered
- The item is prohibited by HopUp
- The buyer doesn't like the item or it does not fit
- The purchase was made using a payment system outside of HopUp
- The buyer modified or used the item
- The item was stolen after being delivered
- The buyer reported the issue more than 3 days after the item was delivered
How to use it
- Within 3 days of receiving the item, the buyer should report an issue to the seller via the transaction in-app.
- If the seller does not respond or you are unable to come to a resolution with the seller, contact us. We will determine the best course of action based on the information we request from the buyer and seller. In the event that a dispute is escalated to HopUp support, we reserve the right to refund a buyer if a transaction is found to be in violation of our terms of service. Furthermore, HopUp is the final arbiter of escalated disputes.
- HopUp may request additional information regarding the transaction(s), and reserves the right to deny buyer requests.
If you have any questions about Buyer Protection please contact us.
Related article: Seller protection