For the security of your account, HopUp has implemented specific protocols to change the email address or phone number on your HopUp account.
To change the email address on your account:
- Open a support ticket by sending an email to email@example.com from the current email address on your account.
- If you do not have access to the current email address on your account, or if a typo was made when creating your account, open a support ticket by navigating to Profile > Settings > Contact Us within the app. You may view the status of your ticket or send a reply by navigating to Profile > Settings > My Support Requests.
- We are unable to change the email address on your account if we are contacted by any other means than described above. This is for the protection of your HopUp account.
- Once your email address is changed on your account, you will be logged out of the HopUp app, and you'll need to log back into the app with the new email address. If you're not automatically logged out, you'll need to manually log out of the app and log in with the new email address for the change to take effect.
To change the phone number on your account:
- Open a support ticket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the current email address on your account. For the protection of your account, this is the only method available to change the phone number on your account. We cannot change your phone number if the ticket is opened from within the app.
- HopUp support will send a code via text message to the new phone number for verification. Failure to respond to our email with the verification code may result in a temporary suspension until the phone number is verified.
For the security of your account and to protect against fraud, HopUp support reserves the right to request more information to verify your identity. We may be unable to change your contact information if we are unable to verify the user's identity.