Receive your item as described or your money back for eligible orders.
When an item is purchased through HopUp the buyer and seller are eligible for protection. Items offering purchase protection show a blue banner "This item is covered by Payment Protection".
*Note: If you want to purchase an item that does not offer protection, it's ok to ask a seller to re-list their item and offer purchase protection.
How it works
If a seller fails to ship within 5 days of purchase, the buyer is issued a full refund and the sale is cancelled. No questions asked.
A seller is only paid when 3 days has passed since delivery of their sold item or when the buyer writes a review, completing the transaction.
Any issues with an item upon delivery are covered under the following terms.
*Please note that, unless otherwise stated, the buyer is responsible for covering any shipping fees when returning an item that has been covered under Purchase Protection.
What is covered
- An item is received not as described or has undisclosed damaged not occurring during shipping.
- An incorrect item is received
- An Item is not received
What is not covered
- The item is prohibited by HopUp
- The buyer doesn't like the item or it does not fit
- The purchase was made using a payment system outside of HopUp
- The buyer modified or used the item
- The item was stolen after being delivered
- The buyer reported the issue more than 3 days after the item was delivered
How to use it
- Within 3 days of receiving the item, the buyer should report an issue to the seller via the transaction in-app.
- If the seller does not respond or you are unable to come to a resolution with the seller, contact us. We will determine the best course of action based on the information we request from the buyer and seller. In the event that a dispute is escalated to HopUp support, we reserve the right to refund a buyer if a transaction is found to be in violation of our terms of service. Furthermore, HopUp is the final arbiter of escalated disputes.
- If a dispute is resolved in the buyer's favor, a full refund will be issued to the buyer upon successful delivery of the item to the seller. Proof of return shipping is required in the form of a picture of the receipt showing the return address and tracking number.
- HopUp may request additional information regarding the transaction(s), and reserves the right to deny buyer requests.
If you have any questions about Buyer Protection please contact us.
Related article: Seller protection