Receive your item as described or your money back.
A buyer and seller are covered under our Purchase Protection Guarantee when an item is purchased through HopUp Payments. Items offering purchase protection show a blue banner "This item is covered by Payment Protection" under the item image.
*Note: If you want to purchase an item that does not offer protection, it's ok to ask a seller to re-list their item and offer purchase protection.
How it works
If a seller fails to ship within 5 days of purchase the buyer can contact support for a full refund.
A seller is only paid when 3 days has passed since delivery of their sold item or when the buyer writes a review, completing the transaction.
Any issues with an item upon delivery are covered under the following terms.
*Please note that, unless otherwise stated, the buyer is responsible for covering any shipping fees when returning an item that has been covered under Purchase Protection.
What is covered
- An item is received not as described or has undisclosed damaged not occurring during shipping.
- An incorrect item is received
- An item is never shipped
- An item is shipped to an address other than the shipping address provided at checkout
- An item is indicated as lost in transit by the shipping carrier for 20 days or more
What is not covered
- The item is prohibited by HopUp
- The buyer doesn't like the item or it does not fit
- The purchase was made using a payment system outside of HopUp
- The buyer modified or used the item
- The item was stolen or otherwise not found after being delivered as indicated by the carrier's tracking page.
- The buyer reported the issue more than 3 days after the item was delivered
- The item was damaged by the carrier during shipping
How to use it
- Within 3 days of receiving the item, the buyer should report an issue to HopUp and the seller via the transaction in-app.
- To report the problem, the buyer should navigate to: Profile > Buying > Tap/Select the order > Tap "Report a problem," then follow the on-screen instructions. This must be completed within the app for any HopUp Payments order.
- If the seller does not respond or you are unable to come to a resolution with the seller, contact us by replying to the dispute email you received when you reported the problem on the transaction in the app. We will determine the best course of action based on the information we request from the buyer and seller. In the event that a dispute is escalated to HopUp support, we reserve the right to refund a buyer if a transaction is found to be in violation of our terms of service. Furthermore, HopUp is the final arbiter of escalated disputes.
- If a dispute is resolved in the buyer's favor, a full refund will be issued to the buyer upon successful delivery of the item to the seller. Proof of return shipping is required in the form of a picture of the receipt showing the return address and tracking number.
- Should both the buyer and seller agree upon a partial refund instead of a return of the item, both the seller and buyer should escalate the dispute to HopUp support stating both parties agree to a partial refund and state the amount of the partial refund. Upon issuance of the partial refund, the dispute will be permanently closed, and the remaining amount, minus the original transaction fees, will be made available to the seller.
- HopUp may request additional information regarding the transaction(s), and reserves the right to deny buyer requests.
If you have any questions about Buyer Protection, please contact us.
Related article: Seller protection