If there is an issue with a purchased item, the buyer can report a problem on the transaction detail screen. This must be done within 3 days of delivery. To open a dispute, the buyer should navigate to: Profile > Buying > Tap/Select the order > Tap "Report a problem," then follow the on-screen instructions.
After a Dispute is Opened:
Creating a dispute for the transaction will notify the seller of an existing issue. The buyer and seller should handle the dispute on their own within 5 days of the created dispute. If no agreement can be made in this time, the dispute can be escalated to HopUp support by either the buyer or seller. This can be escalated by replying to the email the buyer or seller received upon opening the dispute.
- If HopUp support does not receive any information directly from the buyer or seller within 7 days of the opened dispute, HopUp will close the dispute in the seller's favor and permanently close the dispute. If a resolution is reached between the buyer and seller, assistance is needed from HopUp Support, or more time is needed for the dispute, the buyer or seller should contact HopUp support by replying to the dispute email before 7 days have passed.
- If either party escalates to HopUp Support before 7 days have passed since the dispute was opened, and we haven't received any information from the other party, the other party will be contacted by HopUp Support to request more information. The other party will then have 72 hours to respond to HopUp Support before the dispute is resolved based upon the information we already have.
- Buyers should never return an item to the seller for a refund until HopUp support has approved the return via the dispute email. If the seller has agreed to a return, the buyer should notify HopUp support and await further instruction from the HopUp support team.
In the event that a dispute is escalated to HopUp support, we reserve the right to refund a buyer if a transaction is found to be in violation of our terms of service. Furthermore, HopUp is the final arbiter of escalated disputes.
HopUp may request additional information regarding the transaction(s), and reserves the right to deny buyer requests.
Resolving a Dispute:
Once a dispute is completely resolved between buyer and seller, the buyer should indicate this via the transaction detail screen. The transaction should only be marked as resolved if the buyer is 100% satisfied with their order, as resolving the dispute pays the seller in full, and permanently closes the dispute. Disputes cannot be reopened after they're marked as resolved. Only HopUp support can issue refunds or partial refunds, not the seller. 🚨 Don't allow a seller to convince you need to resolve a dispute before they can refund you or ship you a missing item. If a dispute is marked as resolved, a refund is no longer possible.
If a Buyer Wins
If a dispute is resolved in the buyer's favor, a full refund will be issued to the buyer upon successful delivery of the item to the seller. Proof of return shipping is required in the form of a picture of the receipt showing the return address and tracking number.
- If an item is being returned to the seller for a refund, or the buyer and seller agreed on a partial refund, then the buyer should not mark the dispute as resolved.
- For safety of your payment, all refunds or partial refunds on HopUp must happen through HopUp Payments from the HopUp support team only. This protects you with our Purchase Protection Guarantee and keeps everything secure.
If a Partial Refund is Necessary
Should both the buyer and seller agree upon a partial refund instead of a return of the item, both the seller and buyer should escalate the dispute to HopUp support stating both parties agree to a partial refund and state the amount of the partial refund. Upon issuance of the partial refund, the dispute will be permanently closed, and the remaining amount, minus the original transaction fees, will be made available to the seller.
For more information about our disputes policy, please see Purchase Protection for Buyers.