Receive your item as described or your money back.
A buyer and seller are covered under our Purchase Protection Guarantee when an item is purchased through HopUp Payments. Items offering purchase protection show a blue banner "This item is covered by Payment Protection" under the item image.
*Note: If you want to purchase an item that does not offer protection, it's ok to ask a seller to re-list their item and offer purchase protection.
How it works
If a seller fails to ship within 5 days of purchase the buyer can contact support for a full refund.
A seller is only paid when 3 days has passed since delivery of their sold item or when the buyer writes a review, completing the transaction.
Any issues with an item upon delivery are covered under the following terms.
*Please note that, unless otherwise stated, the buyer is responsible for covering any shipping fees when returning an item that has been covered under Purchase Protection.
What is covered
- An item is received not as described or has undisclosed damaged not occurring during shipping.
- An incorrect item is received
- An Item is not received
What is not covered
- The item is prohibited by HopUp
- The buyer doesn't like the item or it does not fit
- The purchase was made using a payment system outside of HopUp
- The buyer modified or used the item
- The item was stolen after being delivered
- The buyer reported the issue more than 3 days after the item was delivered
How to use it
- Within 3 days of receiving the item, the buyer should report an issue to the seller via the transaction in-app.
- If the seller does not respond or you are unable to come to a resolution with the seller, contact us. We will determine the best course of action based on the information we request from the buyer and seller. In the event that a dispute is escalated to HopUp support, we reserve the right to refund a buyer if a transaction is found to be in violation of our terms of service. Furthermore, HopUp is the final arbiter of escalated disputes.
- If a dispute is resolved in the buyer's favor, a full refund will be issued to the buyer upon successful delivery of the item to the seller. Proof of return shipping is required in the form of a picture of the receipt showing the return address and tracking number.
- HopUp may request additional information regarding the transaction(s), and reserves the right to deny buyer requests.
If you have any questions about Buyer Protection please contact us.
Related article: Seller protection